Figment Post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An online literary magazine.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Return to Post website.  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Karenna, Columnist

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KarennaM
Trial Staff
Trial Staff
KarennaM

Karenna, Columnist Empty
PostSubject: Karenna, Columnist   Karenna, Columnist EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Name: Karenna

E-mail: karennaoner@hotmail.com

Position you want (Columnist/Sub-Editor): Columnist

Essay on Why You're Qualified: I think I am qualified to write for the Figment Post because I have worked as a columnist for my school literary magazine for two years, three years approaching. I have a way with words, is what my teachers have always said. They always encouraged me to share my way with words with others, and I was unsure how. Then, several years ago, when I was 9 or so, I suddenly had a realization. I wanted to be a journalist. Ever since that, nothing has changed. I still want to be a journalist...I still have a way with word, or so the people around me say. For one year I ran my own little literary magazine and passed it out to people on the sidewalk. Then life got busier and I had to stop. I just really want a place at this online literary magazine.

Example of Your Work: ''How Music Stimulates Your Creative Flow''

Imagine this: You're sitting home alone, bored, uninspired, and ultimately decide to turn the radio on. A symphony of sound erupts. It is a happy, cheerful tune about sunshine and love. You smile and grab your pad of paper, jotting down the outline of a short story about a first kiss. Then you decide to switch the music, and find a sad, moody tune about being misunderstood playing. You frown and cross out your story. You begin to jot down a story about death, doom, and destruction. Have you ever wondered why such things happen? It's simply a matter of science, and the way music effects us.
You see, our human bodies has it's own energy field that is activated by certain forces that come from outside. The music affects our mind, our attitudes, our ideas, based on the type of song you find yourself listening to. Sounds complicated, really, but it's just a matter of our body's reaction to the sound waves. Certain tests have been run based on this reaction. Here is something you can try at home...
Sit down with a pad of paper and a pencil. Take note of what type of song this is and then begin to draw whatever comes into your mind. Is this picture related at all to the music? Try it several times, with different genres of music. Results have shown that 97% of the community who took this test had related pictures.
Music has an effect on us all. Why do you think you bawl like a baby in parts of movies where you shouldn't be? Because the music is sad, and haunting, and effects you greatly. Music is a big part of many people's lives, and it definitely effects our moods and creative flows. Where would we be without music?

Additional Comments: I think the Figment Post is the best online literary magazine on this side of the internet. Like I said, journalism is my thing. It's where I want to go with my life. Cool
Back to top Go down
Matchboxdan
Dedicated Staff
Dedicated Staff
Matchboxdan

Karenna, Columnist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karenna, Columnist   Karenna, Columnist EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks for applying Karenna! We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://figmentpost.com
Matchboxdan
Dedicated Staff
Dedicated Staff
Matchboxdan

Karenna, Columnist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karenna, Columnist   Karenna, Columnist EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi Karenna, your application has been accepted, and you will start as a trial columnist. After your trial period of the publication of two editions, we will decide whether we want to promote you to regular staff, or let you go. If you do get promoted, and continue to do an exceptional job, you may get promoted to dedicated staff. You should now be able to see a new section of the forums, please let me know if you can't.
Back to top Go down
http://figmentpost.com
Sponsored content

Karenna, Columnist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karenna, Columnist   Karenna, Columnist Empty

Back to top Go down

Karenna, Columnist
Page 1 of 1